Thursday, August 20

#92. Samplestore »» Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover [ADV]

Hi Guys! So I'm back with my first post of 2015 in the middle of August, ain't it weird? HAHAHA. Started on my resolution post since January but it's still hanging in my draft, half complete. I blame it on school and sleep but ultimately, it all falls back on my procrastination habit. BAD HABITS DIE HARD.

Talking about bad habits (girls can definitely relate to this), after a long day of being outdoors in make up, I tend to be really lazy to remove them, especially on those "It was a total waste of makeup" kind of days. I've read up extensively online about quick make up removal process but a standard make up removal and cleansing process should take me as long as the time I use to put on my makeup. Not to mention all the tugging I put my face through when trying to 'scrap' off every last bit of makeup residue. It all adds up to one word: BURDEN.

So can you imagine how happy I was when Biore came into my life? It started off with the pink bottle I see while strolling down the skincare aisle. My first product was the Biore Cleansing Oil that worked exactly like how the description said it would. Only down side is that I wasn't all that comfortable with using oil on my sensitive skin since it felt like I was clogging the pores while preventing it from clogging. Such an irony.

The removal process was also pretty troublesome, though it did remove all my makeup, I had to emulsify it with water over and over again instead of the usual way of splashing (it doesn't sound as harsh as it seems HAHAHA) water over my face. Hence, rather than saving time by using the cleansing oil to dissolve my makeup directly, I actually spend even more on emulsifying.

Realising that I turned more and more reluctant in proper makeup removal, I HAD TO SEARCH FOR A BETTER ALTERNATIVE! That was just about the same time samplestore approached me for a Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Removal review.


In order to make sure that I won't have any side effect to this, I dad a patch test before testing it on my face.

Usage Directions
  1. Pump an appropriate amount (2-3 pumps) onto hands and spread evenly over face and eye area.
  2. Massage gently to dissolve makeup.
  3. Rinse thoroughly with water. It is not necessary to remove cleansing liquid with cotton pad or tissue.
  4. For best results, apply on dry face and hands. Do not use facial cotton pad or tissue. 

I went ahead and put some of my usual make up products to test.
Concealer: 3CE
Eyeliner: Nature republic
Eyebrow: NYX
Lipstick: Silkygirl & NYX

The makeup I placed on my arm was really damn thick since I had to fill in the shapes and the rectangle concealer block I made. That amount would have been sufficient for my whole face and more omg.


Placed the 1st pump on my arm to test out the jelly-like texture, which did not disappoint. Then the 2nd pump to see how it glides smoothly on my arm as shown above. I didn't even move much except from the rush of interchanging the bottle for my phone.

Facts:
  • The new Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Removal has a smoother jelly-like texture which is gentle on the skin and rinses off easily and quickly without any harsh tugging or pulling action on skin.
  • Lightweight formula leaves skin feeling refreshed, with no sticky or greasy after-feel 

I managed to remove most of the makeup with just 2 pumps except for the star which I drew using eyeliner. One more pump managed to do the trick which I guess is normal since eyeliner's are generally harder to remove and mine's a creamy gel type. 

Alright, so after washing off everything with warm water and drying it with a towel, my arm was as good as new (lol) without any sticky feeling. Just clean and smooth.

Facts:
  • High cleansing ability dissolves and lifts off all traces of makeup effortlessly.
  • Made with 40% more moisturising essence than the previous version, nourishing and hydrating the skin for a dewy moisturised finish.

Concluded that the patch test was a success. Honestly, what's there to dislike about this? 

I went ahead and placed it as the first step to my makeup removal process, which is a huge step for me since I have combination(oily), sensitive and acne-prone skin. To be honest, I was pretty worried that the fragrance and alcohol from this product would irritate my skin since the content might be too strong. BUT NO BREAKOUTS THE NEXT DAY!!!! *throws confetti*

Not to mention that the jelly texture would be good for dry skin too as less tugging is required (lower chances of causing wrinkles hehehe) and the hydration retention which moisturises the skin.

Got to admit that after using this for a few days, it did leave my face with a dewy moisturised finish. A dewy finish is really important if you wanna look Korean since dewy means having a healthy complexion. 

Would I purchase it if I completed this bottle? OF COURSE! Unless Biore comes out with an even newer and improved version in the future then perhaps I'll get that instead. 

It's really tough to get a good and hassle-free makeup removal. This even saved me the trouble of purchasing cotton pads which makes travelling with it even easier. Furthermore, the transparent cap which prevents leakage might end up being a life-saver. Who would want to go overseas only to open your luggage and find your clothes soaked in makeup removal? Even if it smells pleasant but still, no thanks.

So what are you waiting for? Grab your own bottle of Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Removal now at all leading supermarkets, personal care stores, western pharmacies & departmental stores for only $24.90/230ml. 

Pssst, Click Here to redeem your own sample of Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Removal now! Don't forget to like their Facebook page as well :) 

with love, xoxo.